[PLUG] Procmail Issue

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at cyber-office.net
Wed Feb 11 22:37:45 UTC 2009

Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Feb 2009, Michael wrote:
>
>> Does your PM log show where they did get delivered?
>
> Michael,
>
>    Only if the message header matches a recipe.
>
>> Do you have a default folder set up? If not why not?
>
>    I understood that my inbox was the de facto default file. It's been this
> way for about a dozen years now and hasn't failed to deliver a message
> passed to it by the MTA. If there is something in the procmail man page
> about a default delivery file I missed seeing it this afternoon. (There is
> reference in the man page of non-matching incoming messages being placed in
> the default mailbox, but does not say how that is defined.)

Rich,

Quick thought, as I seem to remember getting bit by this before, are you
doing anything "interesting" with the messages?  Anything beyond filing
them into a folder.  No Subject (or other header) rewrite etc.  There
were/are some other programs that are used in procmail examples that may
not have been installed and are failing silently.  Try putting a
VERBOSE=3 or higher in .procmailrc.  Should be more info.  I was getting
every test shown until one passed in the log file when I had mine set
higher.

Rod