[PLUG] Slow Page Loading in SeaMonkey

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Feb 16 21:04:49 UTC 2009

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009, m0gely wrote:

> My knee jerk reaction would be to upgrade the memory as well, but top will
> show you if and how much swap is being used at the moment you're
> wondering. Just look at the summary at the above the processes listed.

   Regardless, doubling the memory to 512M makes sense because the unit still
has a lot of life left. If the extra memory doesn't make a visible
difference then I'll start digging deeper.

   My Toshiba Portege 3025CT was a great little notebook; small and highly
functionsl. However, even after maxing the total RAM -- 96M -- it would not
be suitable for the bloated apps currently available. It did run Slackware
and Xfce very well, but that was about 5 years ago when I replaced it.