[PLUG] [ITPRO-ANNOUNCE] Feb 17th -- Hal Pomeranz on iPhone/Linux Integration

Hal Pomeranz hal at deer-run.com
Tue Feb 17 02:07:25 UTC 2009

[Just a reminder about tomorrow's meeting by an incredibly intelligent,
 witty, handsome, and talented presenter... modest, too...	--Hal]

iPhones and Linux (Some Tips For Preserving Your Sanity)
Hal Pomeranz, Deer Run Associates
6:30pm Tuesday, Feb 17th -- Eugene City Brewery (downstairs)

In early November, 2008, Deer Run purchased Apple iPhones for its
Executive Officers (i.e., my wife Laura and me). Laura was really
jazzed about her "cool new iPhone". My excitement was tempered by the
fact that I knew it was going to take me several days of fiddling to
make the darn phones work with our largely Linux-based infrastructure.
Come hear what I learned through this process and get some tips that
will make things go smoother for you when integrating iPhones even
into mostly non-Linux environments.