[PLUG] I think my new RAM died

Michael M. Moore michael at writemoore.net
Fri Feb 20 20:38:17 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 12:19 PM, John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:

> Side comment: This time the nVidia splash screen did not come up, so I
> assume I'm using the nv driver. However, I know that when someone is
> using the nVidia driver the text in the login boxes will be very large.
> When using the nv driver the username and password asterisks will
> appear much smaller. OK, this time I did not get the nVidia splash
> screen, but I did get the supersized text. Not sure what that means. A
> command to find out which driver I'm actually using at the moment would
> be helpful.

You could do:

$ sudo cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep LoadModule

That should tell you all the modules xorg has loaded.

You might want to look at the whole log to see if there are any issues
that jump out (look at "EE" for errors and "WW" for warnings).

Michael M.

--
"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within
limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add