[PLUG] File recovery

drew wymore drew.wymore at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 17:41:19 UTC 2009

In a punch drunk state I rm -rf'd a directory that I didn't intend to.
I wasn't unable to immediately unmount the filesystem but was able to
make a complete image of it to a backup device. The fs is ext3 and
google led me to debugfs and I was able to see the deleted directory
and associated inode. It has yet to be deleted as undel inode# said it
was still allocated. My question is. How do I relink the inode to
userland so I can grab the directory and back it up properly :)

Thanks
Drew.

--
Sent from my mobile device