[PLUG] Computer audio out to stereo

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Mon Jan 5 17:24:16 UTC 2009

>>>>> "John" == John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> writes:

John> I know there are PLUGgers who are media gurus. Can anyone suggest a
John> solution? Or at least help me figure out for sure why the sound is
John> distorted? Any advice or suggestions welcome.

Not that I'm advocating switching, but when people wonder why some of us
use a Mac, let me describe the Mac Solution:

1) buy an airport express.  It even doubles as a wifi basestation, but it also
has jacks to hook to your sound system over wifi. (think "optimized for the
college student in the dorm room".)

2) send any music or streaming audio from your iTunes to the airport express.

3) if you want *other* sound sent to your sound system, pick up a copy
of airjack from rogue amoeba.

Far less horsing around.  :)