[PLUG] Vonage and Comcast

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Wed Jan 7 09:52:59 UTC 2009

Dan> I didn't think FIOS was up by me yet (NE Freemont and 33rd)

Hey, not far from me.

Don't hold your breath.  Verizon has no plans (at least not active
ones) to expand into Qwest territory.  The reason is because there is
competition.  They can't cut the copper and own you as a customer.

Incumbent carriers are the railroad robberbarons of this century.
Your best bet for network freedom today is DSL and your wide choice of
ISP.  Your best bet for tomorrow is publicly-owned fiber
infrastructure (like roads) over which you reach private services.
Incumbent carriers are in a position to choke off competition with
their control of the last mile.  Why people put up with this boggles
my mind.

--
Russell Senior, Secretary
russell at personaltelco.net