[PLUG] SECOND ANNOUNCEMENT: January PLUG Meeting

David Mandel dmandel at pdxlinux.org
Thu Jan 8 10:22:54 UTC 2009

                           MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT

                      The Portland Linux/Unix Group
                                will meet
                        7 PM Thursday Jan 8, 2008
                                    at
                        Portland State University
                                  in the
                             Fariborz Maseeh
            College of Engineering & Computer Science Building
                             Room FAB 86-01
                      (This is in the basement.)
         The building is on SW 4th across from SW College Street.
      See location H-10 on map at http://pdxLinux.org/campus_map.jpg

                               PRESENTATION

                            Rapid Discussions

                                    on

                                Any Topic

                                    by

                            Anyone & Everyone

    Instead of having a formal presentation, we will get together and
    discuss anything anyone wants to discuss in brief sessions of no
    more than a few minutes each.  If we have enough people involved
    we can break into smaller groups to handle each topic.

       Agenda:

           7:00 - 7:30  Business
                We will discuss the status of our ongoing projects
                including PLUG's monthly Advanced Topics meetings,
                PLUG's monthly hands on clinics, PLUG for Education,
                etc.

           7:30 - 8:30  Presentation

                See above

           9:00 - ...  Beer
                               Jax Bar And Restaurant
                               826 SW 2nd Avenue
                               Portland
                               (Note:  We no longer use the Lucky Lab.)

                                       David Mandel
                                       Chief Activist
                                       Portland Linux/Unix Group
                                       560 SE Alexander
                                       Corvallis, Oregon 97333
                                       (541) 730-5285 mobile
                                       dmandel at pdxLinux.org

       P.S.  The Mid Willamette Valley Linux Users Group meets
             every month.  They are currently meeting at 6:00 PM
             on the third Wednesday of the month at the Corvallis
             Chamber of Commerce in Corvallis.
             As of May 2008, the Mid Willamette Valley Linux Users
             Group was under reconstruction.  Once this is done
             see http://www.lug.corvallis.or.us/ for details.

       P.S.  The Eugene Linux Users Group meets several times a month.
             See http://www.euglug.org for details.