[PLUG] Construct all logic using NOR...

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 00:09:50 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 2:19 PM, Michael Robinson
<plug_1 at robinson-west.com> wrote:
> My Hein book for PSU Discrete Stuctures II does not teach at all how I
> am supposed to construct all connectives from NOR.  For example, how
> do I come up with OR?  How about AND?  There is NOT and IMPLIES

Truth Tables and Karnaugh Maps
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karnaugh_map) are the primary tools I
always used when working on things like this.

Don't forget that you can split inputs (signals, wires, copy
variables, whatever you want to call them) and you can use True and
False constants to make a function (gate) that takes two inputs only
require 1.

--Rogan