[PLUG] eee pc box

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Fri Jan 16 00:16:51 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Keith" == Keith Lofstrom <keithl at kl-ic.com> writes:

Keith> One surprising feature is that it has a miniature version of
Keith> Linux running from ROM: Something called Expressgate powered by
Keith> splashtop from a place called DeviceVM.  From poweron, one can
Keith> click icons on the splash page to launch a stripped down web
Keith> browser (resembling firefox), games, and other web-based stuff.
Keith> So if you need a browser 5 seconds from poweron, this is your
Keith> baby.

Yeah, this is the same thing I mentioned at the meeting last week.  It
came on my ASUS core i7 motherboard.  At the point it becomes
hackable, it'll become quite interesting.  I'd prefer an xterm and an
ssh session to the browser.

--
Russell Senior, Secretary
russell at personaltelco.net