[PLUG] /dev/ttyUSB1 not created when PDA connected

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jan 16 17:41:15 UTC 2009

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009, chris (fool) mccraw wrote:

> try modprobe visor instead.

Chris,

   That just hangs. I've tried it.

> my memory from the dawn of time suggests that before modprobe was a mature
> tool, you could insmod without an explicit path to the .o (back before we
> had .ko filename endings on modules) file, but that hasn't worked in quite
> some time, at least.

   Ah, thanks for the reminder. Even changing pwd to the actual directory
doesn't work, but specifying the path and file name does.

   So, visor is reloaded but that does not solve the problem.

   I really dislike having something suddenly stop working for no apparent
reason. This falls in that category.

Thanks,