[PLUG] Need copy of Oracle 8i client for Linux

Fred James fredjame at fredjame.cnc.net
Fri Jan 16 17:53:38 UTC 2009

Pete Lancashire wrote:
> Oldest I can find on the Orakel site is 9.x, I have this
> old 7 db that I am proposing being coverted to MySQL on
> a Linux box, would make a good poster child for FOSS
>
> -pete

Pete Lancashire
Just missed on that one - tossed my set of Oracle 8i (8.1.7) for Linux
(Red Hat 6.1, I think) a couple of months back.  However, if all else
fails (and you probably already know this), the data from the Oracle 7.x
can be written out to files (flat, CSV, whatever - one per table), and
then written into a MySQL database (once the tables are created) - that
would take a bit of scripting, but it is quite all doable.
Hope this helps
Regards
Fred James