[PLUG] /dev/ttyUSB1 not created when PDA connected

chris (fool) mccraw gently at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 17:56:07 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 09:50, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

>   Interesting. I've been using it for a long time without any issues; almost
> two years now since I bought the Treo. This is the first trouble I've had
> once I learned the time- and sequence-sensitive steps to sync on a USB
> connection rather than on a serial connection.

the time-sensitivity is half the problem, imho--i miss the window
again and again and finally it'll crap out--it doesn't seem to like
being loaded and unloaded a dozen times in 2 minutes.  when it
happens, it litters the kernel log with messages about the failure, so
at least i know when it's time for a reboot (strangely, reloading the
module doesn't seem to help).