[PLUG] /home/user partition question

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Fri Jan 16 21:42:32 UTC 2009

Common practice is to have a user directory under /home. Many programs
assume such a thing, and put stuff there. One of the arguments is that
it makes backups easier. That's good, except that there are things I've
kept from old installations that I need to integrate into my current
installation without messing up other things. So, I can simply replace
my current /home/rsteff with my old /home/rsteff.

Is it practical to consider creating a separate partition for Documents?
Or are there programs out there that will want to put installation
specific things into /home/rsteff/Documents?

If this is practical, then I could consider Documents as the place that
wouldn't change from distro to distro, should I decide to try loading
different distros on the machine.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens