[PLUG] /dev/ttyUSB1 not created when PDA connected

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jan 16 23:45:38 UTC 2009

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009, Tony Rick wrote:

> A contrarian suggestion: Have you considered the possibility that the
> problem is in the PDA and not in the desktop? (e.g, Are your headlights
> on?...Is it plugged in?...)

Tony,

   If the problem was at the PDA end of the wire then /var/log/messages would
not report that HAL found a Handspring Visor/Palm device connected on
ttyUSB0 and ttyUSB1. I'm seeing the errors logged by jpilot.

   In a little while (I've a couple of phone calls to make first), I'll try
syncing directly with pilot-link. Should have done this first.

   Stay tuned ... details at 4:30.