[PLUG] Cutting the cable - mythtv/mythvodka and online video

Larry Brigman larry.brigman at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 18:31:27 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 4:37 PM, Noj <nojunkster at gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree in principle, but I'm actually asking in proxy for my elderly
> parents who have a fixed income and low adaptability to changing
> circumstances.
>
> Given the totality of circumstances, my judgement is that if I can
> make something easy to use and save them $1000/yr, that's a Good
> Thing.

There are no U.S. based IPTV providers(well very few and not in our area) which
makes cutting the cable harder.
If you can survive with just Local then the switch is a little easier.
 From what
I read earlier then this is not the case.

Satellite providers have a lower entry cost that may get you what you need.