[PLUG] Jax dining room going away

David Mandel dmandel at pdxLinux.org
Thu Jan 22 09:42:01 UTC 2009

Recessions stink!!  I have some good friends who closed their down town
restaurant about a year ago because of a combination of increased rents,
disruptive street construction, and simply not getting enough customers.

More to the point, we need to find a new location.
I think we should keep as many of our meetings at their normal times
if at all possible.  We have the room at PSU scheduled and reserved
for us on the first Thursday of the month for the foreseeable future.
I'm reluctant to change this - unless we have to.

Would it make any sense to go back to the Lucky Lab?
Of course, the Lucky Lab has noise problems - and they weren't willing
to give us the meeting room for free.  However given this recession,
they maybe willing to reconsider.  Should I talk to them?

David Mandel