[PLUG] Jax dining room going away

Don Buchholz buchholz at easystreet.net
Thu Jan 22 18:06:38 UTC 2009

Guy Letourneau wrote:
>> For post-General Meeting, I'd vote for returning to the LuckyLab.  It
>> is on my way home and I miss their spicy peanut curry bento.  As for
>> Advanced Topics, I don't have any immediate ideas, except maybe to
>> look here:
>>

> I wouldn't mind the Lucky Lab either. (To my palate) the food isn't all
> that exciting but it's in a relatively safe part of town (NW Quimby,)
> it's an easy-off from fairly high-speed lanes (the I-405 to US30 cutoff
> from the Fremont bridge, only two stoplights,) and free parking nearby
> is often feasible.
>
> Note to drivers: Get off 23rd as soon as you can; those pedestrians are
> the creme-de-la-creme of righteous arrogance - once on 22nd or 21st you
> can repeat the stopsignbrake-glanceleft-glanceright-PUNCH cycle until
> you hit Quimby.

Note to Drivers #2:  Do not turn left on 23rd.  Instead, make a wide
U-turn (as if you were going to go back up to the Fremont Bridge),
then immediately take the Thurman St. exit.  Turn right at the first
stop sign (19th St.).  Proceed 3 blocks south and turn right onto
Quimby for the front entrance.  Or, from the Thurman/19th stop sign,
proceed only 2 blocks south and turn right onto Raleigh, which gives
access to the big parking lot in the back of the Lab.

As nice as the NW Lab is, I suspect the meeting room at the original
Hawthorne location is a better fit.  IIRC, the NW Lab won't let you
have their room for free.

- Don
... currently employed at iMove, Inc. at 1732 NW Quimby,
     conveniently located only 2 blocks east of the NW Lab
     :-)