[PLUG] Seagate ST3500320AS (was Re: 1 TB Hard drives)

m0gely m0gely at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 03:38:52 UTC 2009

John Jason Jordan wrote:

> Nevertheless, I crossed Seagate off my list.

All consumer drives suck. Every single brand. If you want far better
reliability, then get SAS drives and controllers. When you're dealing
with this stuff, support becomes a big issue. Seagate is dealing with
the issue and providing free data recovery service to boot. Their
warranties have been the best for a long time, and overall their
reliability sucks way less than the rest. I replace my personal IDE/SATA
drives after about three years.

--
- m0gely