[PLUG] Firefox-3.0.0.5 Issues

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jan 24 00:59:54 UTC 2009

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009, Rogan Creswick wrote:

> That happens here too, and seems to make sense.  (Granted, I never use the
> history, so I could be misunderstanding something about the best
> workflow..)

Rogan,

   I clean out the history list during the day because there are about a
dozen sites I visit each day (business related and news).

> That does not seem to happen here, but maybe we're using different
> "history" views.  There are too many links in each day's history to make
> it worthwhile to have more than one day expanded at a time, but even if I
> have today and yesterday expanded, collapsing either one has no effect on
> the other.

   Not collapse, but delete. I also find that trying to delete a history
entry can be an exercise in futility.

> I've not noticed much difference in speed, but 3.x uses substantially less
> ram than the 2.x series.  (meaning it only takes 600mb of ram, rather than
> 1.2-1.6 gigs, and it's usage seems to be relatively constant for my use
> patterns.)

   Interesting. I generally have 2-3 tabs open and rarely more than 5-6.
Memory consumption has not been an issue for me.

> I'd suggest getting a pre-compiled binary ...

   That's what I'm using: the Slackware package.

Thanks,