[PLUG] Distro Guru's

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at cesmail.net
Sat Jan 24 02:56:50 UTC 2009

drew wymore wrote:
> On the heels of Rich's issues this week we had a conversation about the
> various distro's in use by the collective membership within PLUG. Might I
> throw out the suggestion to have a place where contact info and
> distro/software expertise is noted so that if someone runs into a critical
> problem like Rich did someone can do a quick look up and find offline help
> from a person who is most familiar with any given set up to accelerate
> getting a br0ken machine back up quickly.
>
> Cheers,
> Drew-

Sounds great!! Right now I'm running openSUSE 11.1, but I spent many
years before that on Gentoo. I'm actually thinking of taking the laptop
back to Gentoo -- they essentially abandoned the idea of a LiveCD and an
installer so they'd have the energy to keep the more core parts of the
distro healthy.

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky