[PLUG] Distro Guru's

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jan 24 03:03:48 UTC 2009

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009, drew wymore wrote:

> On the heels of Rich's issues this week we had a conversation about the
> various distro's in use by the collective membership within PLUG. Might I
> throw out the suggestion to have a place where contact info and
> distro/software expertise is noted so that if someone runs into a critical
> problem like Rich did someone can do a quick look up and find offline help
> from a person who is most familiar with any given set up to accelerate
> getting a br0ken machine back up quickly.

   I suggest that the web site, perhaps the wiki?, would be a good place for
this. While my MTA was down I could access the Web from my notebook. Any
such posting will be public so the wiki might be as good as any place.

   It would also be fun to see just how many different distros folks here are
using. They could be categorized by package management scheme.

   Good idea, Drew.