[PLUG] Firefox-3.0.0.5 Issues

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 03:54:11 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 4:59 PM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jan 2009, Rogan Creswick wrote:
>> I'd suggest getting a pre-compiled binary ...
>
>   That's what I'm using: the Slackware package.

Oof.  I probably *could* have been more cryptic, but it would have
taken substantial effort.

What I meant to recommend was running the mozilla-issued binary for
your platform, and comparing that.  Slackware *may* not have made any
alterations, but it's certainly possible that it was modified in some
subtle way that affected the performance.  (I've certainly noticed
differences between Iceweasle and Firefox, but that's not too
surprising.)

Anyway, the behavior you're seeing seems unusual to me, so that's the
first place I'd look.  It should also be pretty easy to test (you can
run it from it's own self-contained directory, from any location).

--Rogan