[PLUG] Migrating site-perl

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 00:02:56 UTC 2009

# from Ken Stephens
# on Sunday 25 January 2009 15:51:

>>    The distribution upgrade replaced perl-5.8.8 with -5.10.0.
>>    How do I migrate everything from the 5.8.8 directory to the 5.10.0
>> directory? This has not before been an issue so I have no experience
>> on

>What happens if you link the old to the new?  Seems strange they would
>omit most of the packages.

What happens if you run `perl -e 'print "$_\n", for(@INC);'` ?

If you installed all of your modules with the help of the distribution,
it should have upgraded them.  Otherwise, you should probably have the
pure-perl modules in a directory without the 5.8.8 (and you could just
keep using them), but you'll need to reinstall anything with binary
extensions to get them to link on 5.10.

--Eric
--
"Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana."
--Groucho Marx