[PLUG] vmplayer stops working bypassed...

znmeb at cesmail.net znmeb at cesmail.net
Tue Jan 27 03:39:17 UTC 2009

Quoting Michael Robinson <plug_1 at robinson-west.com>:

> I switched to vmware server 2.  It's a bit awkward though, I have to
> access it through a local web server and it took me a while to figure
> out how to get a screen from the virtual machine.  It's a lot more
> involved that player, there are more questions to answer.  I wonder
> if I can access the virtual machine from another computer on my
> network when I'm using vmware server?

If the virtual machine is set up as "bridged" and all your virtual and
real network interfaces are working, yes. Just do an "ifconfig" in the
guest, see what the IP address is, and it should just work.

VMware Server is a lot more flexible than the Player. You can actually
create virtual machines with the server, while Player makes you create
them elsewhere. But personally I think Workstation is worth paying for.

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky