[PLUG] Network search in gnome...

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Wed Jan 28 02:59:04 UTC 2009

Gnome on CentOS 5 and Fedora 9 has this neat thing under places that
lets me browse the local windows ( or samba for that matter ) network.

Okay, why is it when I click on the samba servers that I don't have
a way to access the user home directories?  From Windows 2000 running
under vmware in bridged mode, the assumption seems to be that the
user I am trying to log into samba as is the user I am now.  The
assumption from the gnome browsing tool seems to be that I don't
browse as a user.  Uge!

I must be missing something.

As an aside, has anyone gotten a Windows style workgroup to work
where some of the hosts are NAT'ed vmware boxes?