[PLUG] quiet case at Frys

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Wed Jul 1 17:33:15 UTC 2009

About two months ago, I built a superquiet high-efficiency midtower
system for my wife to use for speech recognition dictation.  We
used an Antec Sonata III midtower case, which contains an Antec
EarthWatt 500W high efficiency supply, big/slow fans, side panels
with acoustic dampening, vibration-dampening drive straps, etc.
Quiet enough to hear the CPU fan inside (which we replaced with
a quieter one).  Downsides:  the power light is a bright blinking
blue circle, distracting at night, and the feet come off too easy,
should have rollers.

These cases are on sale at Frys Weds/Thurs for $100.  Suggested for
green/quiet desktop systems.

Keith