[PLUG] topics for tonight: WYDIWYS, DKIM

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Thu Jul 2 19:49:15 UTC 2009

I'm bringing two short topics for the general meeting tonight
- my WYDIWYS webslide composer ( http://serversky.com/wydiwys )
and some finish-up work on DKIM - Domain Keys Identified Mail.
( http://www.topdog.za.net/postfix_dkim_milter looks useful,
see also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DKIM ).

I will go into full design detail about WYDIWYS at advanced
topics later this month, unless Alan finds a better speaker.

DKIM is a mail identification method demanded by Yahoo and some
other mail recipients.  I've got too many headstrong relatives
and customers on yahoo, so I get to add this to my email, sigh.

If Wes shows up, we will get DKIM going on my mail server, and
work with others to accomplish the same, as an "off to the side"
activity.  The tools I plan to use are postfix, dkim-milter,
and a mail account on yahoo to see if it works.   I've already
added the public keys to my DNS records (TXT files generated by
dkim-genkey.sh ) and I'm told that new DNS records propagate
rapidly ( then get cached, so updating is slow, so get it right
the first time, kiddies!), so the rest of the participants
might be able to get this done in the time available tonight.

Keith