[PLUG] topics for tonight: WYDIWYS, DKIM

Dan Colish dcolish at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 20:07:40 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 1:03 PM, Heath Morrison <heath at doublemarked.com>wrote:

> I'm unfortunately going to miss tonight's meeting...
>
> I found it a little odd that your writeup describes DKIM as "demanded"
> by Yahoo. They may (or may not...) be using it to adjust their spam
> filters and greylisting, but they definitely don't require DKIM
> signatures on incoming mail...
>
> Jumping through delivery hoops is a hassle these days, but we're not
> yet to the point that we're forced to use DKIM.
>
> -Heath

Domain Key signed email is pretty essential if you are a bulk mailer. They
do adjust their spam filters very quickly to defer any sort of bulk mailing
that does not have a proper reputation. Signed emails is the only way I know
of to ensure Yahoo recognizes your mailing reputation. I don't think they
simply check your reverse dns any more.

--Dan