[PLUG] topics for tonight: WYDIWYS, DKIM

Dan Colish dcolish at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 20:21:50 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Heath Morrison <heath at doublemarked.com>wrote:

> I agree with this, but bulk delivery (marketing) is much different
> than the volume that people send for personal or even small business
> use. Even for bulk mailers we're often talking deferrals
> (greylisting), and not rejections. I disagree that DKIM is going to
> significantly impact the delivery of Keith's messages, which he's
> described as "customers and family".
>
> -Heath

As far as volume is concerned, absolutely. There is a large difference
between sending a couple hundred or even thousand messages a day, and
sending hundreds of thousands of messages or higher.  IMHO, proper dns setup
for the sending server needs to be in place before the worth of DKIM can be
considered. I am not familiar with the setup in question, so I really can't
comment more.

--Dan