[PLUG] Email question

Larry W larryw at holbrookmasons.org
Thu Jul 9 16:13:01 UTC 2009

Donkyhotay wrote:
> Depends on your customer and most likely when dealing with servers you'd
> probably get a better answer but in my experience whenever I ask "what
> happens when you try to [whatever they are complaining about not being
> able to do]?" I'm usually answered with "I just told you it doesn't work!"

Of course, you have to phrase the question according to the situation.
When I want to know an error message, I sometimes ask: "After you click
Send, is anything displayed on the screen?  A message of some kind?"  If
that's too ambiguous I'll keep rephrasing until I've found the question
I should have asked initially, and I file that away for the next time
they call.

Larry