[PLUG] July 15 Advanced Topics - Web slide presentations

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Thu Jul 9 19:03:08 UTC 2009

Slide presentation programs suck.  There are many alternatives to
OpenOffice and Powerpoint and Keynote, using standard web browsers
as the presentation tool.

This month's Advanced Topics meeting (unless I am overruled) on
Wednesday July 15 will be about alternative presentation tools.
I will present the details of WYDIWYS ( internals and future
directions ), see - http://server-sky.com/wydiwys

I'm hoping to get volunteers to talk about these tools:

Text::Slidez - http://svn.scratchcomputing.com/Text-Slidez/
   Sliderepl - http://discorporate.us/projects/sliderepl/
          S5 - http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/s5/

... or about similar text-to-htmlslide tools.   Javascript and
HTML and SWF experts could help us understand what we can
accomplish within the web format.  Some of this will resemble
lightning talks, but I want to make sure there is plenty of
time to discuss what the possibilities and improvements can be.

Volunteers, contact me.

Keith