[PLUG] Portland or Purdue?

Michael M. Moore michael at writemoore.net
Sat Jul 11 16:03:31 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-07-11 at 08:01 -0700, Tony Rick wrote:
> I got a couple of bounces from plug-bounces at lists.csociety.org this morning
> announcing that PLUG was moving its mailing lists to googlegroups.  The
> Subject said [PLUG-JOBS] Auto-response...   Closer inspection revealed that
> the PLUG of the message is Purdue LUG, not Portland LUG, but that
> information was down in the text a bit.  I'm sure this is a name space
> hiccup, but it may cause some confusion locally anyway, given the nature of
> human beings.  Look, it got a rise out of me, didn't it?

I wound up in the Phoenix Linux User Group mailing list archive once,
when I was meaning to look something up in this list's archive.  I spent
a minute or two wondering how I had missed so many emails.

The first page of my Google results for "plug" include:

Provo Linux User Group
Phoenix Linux User Group
The Philadelphia area Linux User Group
Perth Linux User Group