[PLUG] Is mac linux/unix-y enough to ask about here?

Vincent L. Damewood vincent.leo.damewood at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 09:44:11 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 5:53 PM, Russell Johnson<russj at dimstar.net> wrote:
> However, I consider it *U*nixy enough.

Macintosh is not merely Unixy or Unix-like. It's completely Unix. As
much Unix as AIX and Solaris:

http://www.opengroup.org/comm/press/19-2-nov07.htm

As for whether PLUG is an appropriate forum. The description on the
web site describes it as "General Linux/UNIX discussion and help;
civil and on-topic". I'd say that since Macintosh is Unix, it
qualifies. However, the pool of Macintosh users here is thin compared
to the pool of Linux users. You'd have better chances getting help
setting up a cron job than setting up an iCal alarm.