[PLUG] Sharing on Ubuntu

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Mon Jul 13 14:50:09 UTC 2009

In the Gnome file browser one can right click on a folder and choose
Sharing Options. Three options are presented in the Folder Sharing
window: [] Share this folder, [] Allow other people to write in this
folder, and [] Guest access (for people without a user account. If the
folder is not already shared, the first option is the only one not
grayed out. Once [] Share this folder is selected, the second option can
be selected.

Question: how do I make the last option available?

I have a couple of folders on this machine that I'd like to have
available, both for reading and writing, from any other machine in the
house. So far, I've only been able to make them available for reading.
If I want to move something there from another machine, I have to do it
from this machine.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens