[PLUG] Linux-compatible laptops

m0gely m0gely at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 18:02:06 UTC 2009

Bill Barry wrote:

> I am happy with my HP Pavilion DV6000, it is more than a year old now
> and is holding up well. It's Broadcom wifi works with ndiswrapper, and
> recently with the kernel b43 driver.

Hopefully you will miss this recall fun then:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c01087277

You'll know it happened if your wireless LED suddenly goes orange and
can't be turned on (card will be undetectable, mobo is at fault), or the
laptop doesn't power up consistently. I've seen two dv6000's in the last
couple months with this problem. But they are not in the batches listed
on HP's site. Nice.

--
m0gely