[PLUG] motherboard repairs

Fedor Pikus fpikus at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 17:12:01 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 7:16 PM, Dale F. Victor<dalefv at k-com.net> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Does any one have experience having a laptop motherboard repaired at the
> circuit level.
>
> I have an Acer  Inspire 1800. I have Ubuntu installed on it and really like
> the laptop.
>
> When it starts to boot it starts to go through the booting cycle and then
> powers off. Within 10 -15 seconds. I have had several people look at it and
> they say it is the motherboard.

You can't repair the motherboard. You need to replace it, which you
can do if you manage to find another laptop you can use for parts (in
practice, a broken laptop of the same model, but you have to be sure
the motherboard is not broken too).

Fedor G Pikus (fpikus at gmail.com)
http://www.pikus.net
http://wild-light.com