[PLUG] motherboard repairs

Bill Barry barryb at proaxis.com
Fri Jul 17 17:25:46 UTC 2009

What is the evidence that it is really the motherboard and not the power
supply or the fan or something else? Is there a bios cpu monitor that turns
the system off if the cpu gets too hot?  Is that what is triggering the
power off?  Maybe the heatsink is not attached well to the cpu and is
causing it to overheat, or the fan is not running and that is causing it to
overheat. It could be several things, even something in the kernel that is
killing it during the boot process. Does it always power off at exactly the
same place in the boot process?

Bill