[PLUG] TV tuner cards recommendation

Galen Seitz galens at seitzassoc.com
Sun Jul 19 18:09:35 UTC 2009

Alex wrote:
> Hello Linux folkz,
>
> I am looking at these TV tuner cards to create an HTPC.
> Would you please be so kind to share your experience on how these cards work
> with Linux. Any pros and cons? Which one to choose? Any recommendations?
>
> ASUS My Cinema EHD3-100 Dual Hybrid TV Card
> AVerMedia AVerTV Combo PCIe MCE
> Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250
> DIAMOND ATI TV Wonder HD 650 Combo TVW650PCIEWB
> DViCO FusionHDTV7 Dual Express DUAL HDTV/Analog TV Tuner Card

If you're not already familiar with it, you may want to also consider
the HDHomeRun.  It's a separate box with two tuners and an ethernet
port.  I don't have any personal experience with it, but I'd certainly
consider it if I were building a DVR.
   http://www.silicondust.com/

There's also the HD-5500 from pcHDTV.  pcHDTV sells cards specifically
for the Linux market.
   http://www.pchdtv.com/

galen
--