[PLUG] Web file transfer site recommendations

wes plug at the-wes.com
Fri Jul 24 15:06:58 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 8:03 AM, wes <plug at the-wes.com> wrote:

> > I second the gmail suggestion. You get an smtp server you can use from
>> > anywhere and you can use 25MB attachments
>>
>> I do have a gmail account, which I use for various purposes. But in
>> order to send to it from PSU I have to send through the PSU servers.
>> Plus, even 25 MB is sometimes not enough.
>>
>> I'd prefer a web-based thing like yousendit, sans spam and bs. And it
>> needs to be permanent, so I can explain to professors how to use it and
>> not have to change to a different servers a couple months later.
>>

> Why not use gmail's web interface?
>
> -wes

Whoops, just got to your later message saying you have trouble with this. I
think it should be doable, but who knows what kind of black magic they do in
the IT department at the school.

I think I used the gmail web interface when I was at PSU for a meeting. I
remember I had to get one of the students to sign in to the network for me,
and then it worked pretty normally. YMMV, of course.

-wes