[PLUG] One-liners

Fred James fredjame at fredjame.cnc.net
Thu Jul 30 23:58:41 UTC 2009

Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Fred> Fisticuffs should be unnecessary here - there is no *NIX that is UNIX!
>
> Wrong.  The Unix trademark is still owned by the Open Group, and if
> you're compatible with the Single UNIX Specification (from which I quoted
> earlier regarding to find), you can call yourself "Unix".
>
> For example, MAC OSX 10.5 *is* "Unix".  Officially.

Randal L Schwartz
I do apologize for any ruffled feathers.  My personal experience
(Unisys, HPUX, AIX, IRIX), or my reading, would never have lead me to
the thought that there is ONE UNIX, or that all UNIXes are compatible
for that matter.  I am willing to stand corrected, of course.  And I
would never dispute that there is or may be, but one UNIX specification.
Regards
Fred James