[PLUG] terabyte upgrade

Eric Wheeler plug at ew.ewheeler.org
Wed Jun 3 19:59:32 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-06-03 at 12:52 -0700, Daniel Herrington wrote:
> 350W Antec Basiq PSU
> MSI motherboard w/ onboard video
> 1.2 gb ram
> 2 300 gb Drives
> 1 36 GB dirve
> 1 DVD burner

Power supplies run near optimal at ~80% of specification.  Running them
well below spec wastes lots of power and heat in switching.  (For
example, using a 750W supply for a 150W Celeron system silly---and
wasteful.)  If there are any EE's on the list, perhaps they can give a
better explanation of what is going on...

--
Eric Wheeler
President

www.eWheeler.net