[PLUG] WYDIWYS presentation tool

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jun 17 15:15:15 UTC 2009

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009, Keith Lofstrom wrote:

> The problem is that Open Office and Power Point *SUCK*.  You don't know
> until you connect the computer to the projector what is actually going to
> appear on the screen - if anything.

Keith,

   If you're not wedded to a BUI and can work with a .pdf file, look at the
Beamer class for LaTeX/LyX. It typesets the text (including math, of course)
and it's easy to include graphics created with vector or raster tools. You
can select the theme (colors, appearance of each component of the slides,
navigation aids) and what you write is what you see/show/save/etc.

   If you use acroread to display your opus magnus, pressing ctrl-l uses the
full screen and lets you use the subtle navigation buttons on the bottom of
each slide to move through them. I've no idea if a remote controller works
with it, but that can be answered on one of the mail lists.