[PLUG] Join Linux Global Meeting Sunday June 21 using VOIP - BerkeleyTIP

john_re john_re at fastmail.us
Sat Jun 20 06:42:57 UTC 2009

Join the friendly Linux Global [& ALL FREE SW HW & CULTURE]
community Meeting:
this Sunday, June 21, using VOIP,
10A - 6P Pacific USA time [GMT - 8? 7? hours] =
 1P - 9P Eastern USA =
 6P - 2A??? GMT  - Daylight savings correction? +7 hours?

at the BerkeleyTIP Global Free SW HW & Culture meeting

CONNECT VIA VOIP (& IRC):
Join IRC channel #berkeleytip on freenode.net,
& we'll help get you connected on VOIP.
Have a VOIP headset.
http://sites.google.com/site/berkeleytip/remote-attendance

LOCAL MEETING NEW LOCATION:
Free speech cafe closed Sundays in summer.  Watch the BTIP local list for final in person UCB meeting location details:
http://groups.google.com/group/BerkTIP

GENERIC HOURLY SCHEDULE, &
MARK YOUR CALENDAR - NEXT 3 MEETINGS:
Sun June 21, Sat July 4, Sun July 19
http://sites.google.com/site/berkeleytip/schedule

Join the mailing list, introduce yourself, tell us what projects you are interested in, invite others to join your project:
BTIP-Global
http://groups.google.com/group/BerkTIPGlobal

=====
HOT TOPICs:
Oracle owns OpenOffice & MySQL - What help is needed?
KDE 4 aps need work - especially Calendar?!
Open Hardware - Robotics?
POLL:  ** How about 2x per month Weekday Evening BTIP-Global Meetings? **
  1) The Wednesday & Thursday _after_ the BTIP weekend meetings?
  2) The Monday & Tuesday _before_ the BTIP weekend meetings?
  3) Other? Your suggestions?
 - Join the mailing list & send in your opinions/thoughts/suggestions.

GROUP PROJECT - Asterisk VOIP conference server:
We've now got our own Asterisk VOIP conference server.
[Thanks, Windsor & Jack!  :)  ]
Help:
 - get a user channel members status page working
 - get SIP & Skype ability?
http://sites.google.com/site/berkeleytip/remote-attendance

YOUR PROJECT - LET US KNOW, GET SOME VOLUNTEER HELP:
http://groups.google.com/group/BerkTIPGlobal

VIDEOS - OPPORTUNITY - FINDER VOLUNTEER NEEDED
No videos this month, cause David & I are too busy.  Do you want to find some for us all to watch?  Check out this link, email the list & let us know you'd like to volunteer. :)
http://sites.google.com/site/berkeleytip/talk-videos

See the mailing lists for the latest info/changes: