[PLUG] Free Digital download of LinuxFormat magazine

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Mar 4 17:23:12 UTC 2009

On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 08:41:14 -0800
"Richard C. Steffens" <rsteff at comcast.net> dijo:

> Rich Shepard wrote:
> >    It shows on the download window as a *.torrent file that is 10K on disk.
> > How does one get the actual .pdf from this?
> >
> On my Ubuntu 8.04 machine, I followed the link in the e-mail, like the
> rest of you, opening the page in Firefox. On that page, I clicked the
> first download link (for the large version) and saw the torrent. It
> looked like it was going to take awhile, so I went on to other e-mail.
> When I was done, I found that there was a zip file on my desktop
> (Gnome). I extracted that to the desktop. It's a directory named
> linux_format_116. Inside that there's an index.html file and two
> directories, images and pdfs. The index.html file is a table of contents
> that links to the pdfs in the pdfs directory. There are 50 pdf files in
> the directory pdfs.

I got the 124.9 MB zip file and am currently seeding it back. If anyone
wants to get it I have Transmission set to no limit for the upload and
I can send at 400-500 KB/s.

I am also downloading the ISO, but that will take longer. It's 4.0 GB
and after 15 minutes I have only 25 MB. But maybe it will pick up.
Torrents do that.