[PLUG] XMMS Fonts

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Mar 9 20:11:13 UTC 2009

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009, Michael M. Moore wrote:

> I haven't used xmms in years, but IIRC it is a GTK1 app, correct?

   I don't think so. In earlier versions of Slackware, such as -11.0, it
worked just fine with GTK2.

> Do you use other GTK1 apps and have no problems with fonts?

   I don't know that I have any GTK1 apps.

> Personally, if you're wedded to the WinAmp-style audio player, I would
> spend more time figuring out what's wrong with Audacious, because it's
> much nicer than xmms.  Unless, I guess, you're already wanting to use
> other GTK1 apps and need to get it sorted system-wide.  I was under the
> impression that most of them that haven't gone by the wayside probably
> will eventually.

   When I look at the audacious site I see that it's based on xmms. Appears
to me that they're all related somehow.

   Frankly, I could not care less what I used. The two that are installed
here don't work: one no longer properly displays the play list and the other
segfaults when I try to invoke it. Feh!