[PLUG] Lost /dev/sda*

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 16:41:26 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 9:36 AM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Mar 2009, Joe Pruett wrote:
>
>> your flash drive should show up as a scsi device as well.  it sounds like
>> maybe your mp3 player is having usb issues?
>
> Joe,
>
>   Perhaps. I've unplugged it for a while. When plugged in, the first thing
> it does is start charging the internal battery, but that's fully charged
> now. I don't know why it's not recognized when plugged it.
>
>   Can you suggest a test?

If it was totally flat when you plugged it in, it might not have been
able to start and present the disk interface to the PC. I've seen what
seems to be that behavior with my Sandisk player that I've flashed to
run rockbox. Anyway, you re-plug it now, does it do anything? It's
also possible your USB stack is goofed up a bit, try reloading
relevant modules or rebooting. If you have access to another computer
try using the player on one of them, that will suggest where the
problem lies.

-QH-