[PLUG] spamd, imap, procmail

glen e. p. ropella gepr at tempusdictum.com
Thu Mar 12 19:26:36 UTC 2009

So, I intended to set up a procmail pipe to process some (not all)
e-mails I receive automatically.  But two things (may) complicate the
issue: 1) I use imap and the folder it uses is /var/mail/gepr, whereas
all the procmail examples show it going to something like
$HOME/Mail/mbox and 2) I'm using a system-wide spamd.

Can I just set DEFAULT=/var/mail/gepr without reconfiguring IMAP?  And
will the standard debian configuration of spamd interfere at all with
proper procmail operation?

If it's relevant, I'm using dovecot and exim4 on debian etch.

Thanks.