[PLUG] spamd, imap, procmail

glen e. p. ropella gepr at tempusdictum.com
Thu Mar 12 22:49:43 UTC 2009

Thus spake Jason Dagit circa 12/03/09 02:36 PM:
> Okay, now that the disclaimer is out the way.  Isn't IMAP just a protocol
> for communicating with the mail server?  So under that assumption, it seems
> like you can put stuff in your mail spool however you want.  That is, I
> think your DEFAULT would work just fine with IMAP.  I can't comment on the
> interaction with spamd.
>
> Could you test it on a different account that uses the same setup?

Yes, imap is just a mechanism for syncing e-mail from a central server
to multiple clients.  OK.  I'll create a dummy account and try it out.
Thanks.

> If you find that exim4 is confusing or the manual leaves you with too many
> questions, I recommend giving postfix a try.  I was quite reluctant to
> switch but I've never looked back.

I'm pretty comfortable with exim4 by now.  It would take more than the
current issues to overcome my static friction. [grin]