[PLUG] login weirdness

Bill Barry barryb at proaxis.com
Fri Mar 13 14:55:18 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 11:42 PM, Russell Senior <seniorr at aracnet.com> wrote:

> Bill> That does turn up the culprit. It was a post install script for
> Bill> the package libpam-runtime libpam-runtime.postinst that
> Bill> installed the new configuration files as part of
> Bill> pam-auth-update.
>
> Do you happen to know which version of the package this was?

The package was libpam-runtime  the top of  whose changelog
/usr/share/doc/libpam-runtime/changelog.Debian.gz
says
pam (1.0.1-7) unstable; urgency=low

I updated the package on 3/3/2009. I don't remember answering any
questions about keeping the current config files, or using the package
config files, but it's possible I answered such a question the wrong
way. Either way, it would have been nice of it to leave my login
system working correctly.

Bill